|323 Southcote, Riverside.|
|An identifying feature of the Chateau is the panels under the front windows.|
|The Chateau also had dentil molding under the mansard roof.|
The front door has been moved to accommodate a coat closet. This would not be a big modification because the living room spans almost the entire front of the house (the stairway is in the left corner).
|The front door and the coat closet. That teeny window and the semi-open staircase are part of the original plan.|
|The Sears Chateau was only 25' wide. The living room and stairs encompass the entire width.|
The house was built in 1935 for newlyweds Harold and Ethel Kopecky. Harold sold dental supplies and Ethel was a social worker. They sold the house in January 1947 to Dr. B.F. Lounsbury.