April 2, 2013

Sears Avalon

Between the First World War and the Great Depression, more than 80,000 bungalows were built in Chicago. Finding a Sears home in the city is like finding a needle in a haystack.

We're going back to Norwood Park this week. 


6721 W. Hurlbut Street, Chicago.






This Sears Avalon was constructed in the summer of 1925 on an over sized 50×150 lot. There is a rear addition, but the house is largely original.

The 1928 city directory has Charles A. and Augusta Florian living in the house. Were they the original owners? By 1930 they had moved out.

The architect of the Sears Avalon was Ernest N. Braucher.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...